Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Toward low carbon & sustainable community; Ronhert Park and Sonoma Mountain Village, Sonoma, CA


Although it has not been talked much in the past, land use has large impact on the environment and GHG emissions. Principally, only local authorities can design their community. General plan& CEQA (California Environmental Quality Act) can be a powerful tool to shift planning toward sustainability in California.



This is powerpoint presentation, case studies for community development toward sustainability in two communities in Sonoma County, California. Sends the message very clear.
I love this photo.

1 comment:

eco-samurai said...

Thank you for your comment! I also read some of the web that you named. I also read Environmental Leader and Sustainable Business. And there are a lot of good websites obviously.....way more than I can catch up. I have my list at "Blogcatalog" (my neighborhood) and "Technorati" (favorites). The links for both are in my menu bar.